Social Media Expert/Trainer Syria
At The SecDev Foundation, we use technology to help empower people out of conflict, insecurity and oppression. We work with at-risk people in fragile environments – as a result we seek the best creative talent to work collaboratively on highly sensitive projects.
We are seeking a Social Media Expert/Trainer to deliver training to and mentor non-violent Syrian civil society and local governance actors.
About the Project
Be Heard is an online portal that provides Syrian civilian actors with step-by-step guidance on how to make their voices heard – safely and effectively. Be Heard is mobile-first, built on SalamaTech’s multi-year experience helping Syrian activists stay safe online. Our mission is to empower Syrian non-violent voices to Be Heard through the noise of conflict.
The Social Media Expert/Trainer will:
- Support mentorship of our network of trainers who are operating inside Syria (remote support);
- Deliver training to Syrian organizations residing in the surrounding region (outside of Syria);
- Develop new training modules on digital outreach that are tailored to the needs of our Syrian beneficiaries;
- Help amplify Syrian voices using online tools
- Provide guidance and training to existing HQ team on strategic communications and social media use
Key skills/abilities required:
- Demonstrated expertise in using the following networks and tools to attract desired audiences:
- Higher Education in PR/Communications or equivalent work experience
- Knowledge of the risks inherent to conducting outreach in a conflict zone
- Fluent in Arabic
- Good knowledge of the Syrian conflict region
- Proven capability to effectively mentor, train, teach, inspire
- Ability to travel to the region (not active conflict zones)
Preference given to candidates with:
- Experience using Google Analytics and other platform specific insights/tracking
- Experience with Telegram, Snapchat, and Instagram
- Demonstrated understanding of digital safety
- Networks within the Syrian community
- Developed media contacts
- Project management experience
- Contract, Part-Time, possibly moving to full time employment position (pending funding)
How to apply:
Please submit your cover letter outlining how your skills meet our requirements, with a CV and portfolio of your work to firstname.lastname@example.org. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
When applying to this position please follow this format:
- Email Subject: Your First Name + Your Last Name
- Save all attachments as: YourFirstNameLastNameCV or YourFirstNameLastNameCoverLetter or YourFirstNameLastNamePortfolio etc
Incomplete applications will not be considered.